Wednesday 27 May 2015

Post-apocalyptic Technical!

So, as you might expect, on Friday I went to see Mad Max: Fury Road. Then on Saturday I dug out an old Grenadier resin post-apocalyptic truck that I painted back in high school and made a total mess of. I cleaned it up, gave it a primer coat and bashed on a quick weathering job.




I cut down a spare heavy weapon from em-4 miniatures and then built a little handle rig for it. I then added a shield from Scotia Grendel (it's from the old Void second edition boxed set) as a shield for the gunner. The paint job is very simple -- basic black and a load of weathering. I painted the skull-and-swords logo on the hood; it's a little off-centre, but whatever. The design is inspired by the flag of golden age pirate Calico Jack Rackham. The hourglass symbol in the shield is another pirate flag/gravestone motif. 

As you can see, a gunner fits neatly on the step, although it might be hard to fit another model in there. I don't know if this miniature is widely available, but technicals are super-easy conversions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment