Sunday 27 September 2015

First miniature painted in new house.

It's been a while since I got any painting done, what with the packing and the unpacking and work, but this Saturday I vowed to complete a figure, just to inaugurate the new study. It didn't take much to finish this nearly-complete Inquisitorial scribe guy, but in my view it still counts. He was 50p at a car boot sale!


As you can see, I kept the colour scheme pretty simple; I intentionally echoed the colour of the parchment in the colour of his face, both for thematic reasons and just to make him look sallow and unhealthy. You can't see it, but there's a little red wash around the points where his various cyber-bits plug into the back of his head to make it look nasty and inflamed.

I'm sure this guy will turn up as an NPC in future games of Warhammer Sorta Thousand ... just as soon as I get my table set up.

5 comments:

  1. An auspicious start.
    Im very fond of that model and I finally painted one myself about a month ago. Its very evocative of the setting and you did a great job on it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it was actually your post that inspired me to finish him. He'd been languishing primed but untouched on the painting table for a while.

      Delete
  2. Oh, that is very nice. Makes me think I should pull out my copy of that miniature and make my own attempt at him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice model -- and it really evokes the things I like about the 40K setting.

      Delete
    2. Most of that Inquisition range do that for me - from crazy cherubs to scribes to tormented psykers...

      Delete