Sunday 26 June 2016

Some long-term blog thoughts

As I have mentioned elsewhere on social media, I'm currently on holiday in Italy, and very nice it is too. A week off gives me plenty of opportunities to catch up on my reading and work on long-term writing plans. Among those long-term writing plans are a couple of game-related things. 

At present, I think I should be working on the following game projects: 

  • The B-Movie Mogul card game I'm working on with a friend, which has been in abeyance for a while since, with no deadline, it constantly gets nudged out of the way by things that have to be done by such-and-such a time and, being large, it also gets nudged out of the way by projects that can be done quickly (like painting miniatures, for instance). Ultimately, I hope this will be a print-and-play card game that might eventually turn into a fun one-box printed game. 
  • The Magonium Mine Murders, an investigative/location/dungeon scenario that I think would be a fun contribution either to the OSR or to the booming 5th ed. scene (honestly, the latter is probably better). I have discussed this before, but I need to set about working on it in an organised way. My final goal is that this will be a moderate-to-low price-point PDF that displays investigative scenario information in an easy-to-use way. 
  • Junk Monsters (or whatever I wind up calling it), my project in which I take cheap toys, make monsters out of them, and then stat them up. I suspect the final form of this will be a series of blog posts that then gets combined with some bonus material into a PWYW PDF. 
To that end, I'm going to try to make at least one of my blog posts each week into a blog about the things I'm working on for these projects. That should motivate me to actually work on them regularly instead of trying to do it all in bursts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment