Sunday 5 June 2016

Working on photography

I am not very good at miniature photography; I can't tell if that helps to hide my paint jobs or actually makes them look worse. I know I should probably make a light box and maybe use a better camera than my phone, but on the other hand this kind of slapdashery is sort of my thing.

Anyway, I've been experimenting with more elaborate photo setups, so let's see what we've got.


This backdrop was a piece of packaging from a toy I bought ages ago to make scenery from, and the models are a Teutans toy and some Harlequin Doctor Who models. I think it looks OK!

"Behind you!"
The lighting's not as good in this one, possibly because a lot of it is natural and I shot it later in the day. Still, the scene is fun.


I don't have many other backdrops; this is an old Call of Cthulhu supplement, but it's not as great as the others. Trying to set it up to minimise glare, I struggled to get it to focus properly. The models are an old Doctor Who RPG figure and a couple of classic Citadel zombies.

Anyway, I will keep pushing forward and trying to make better stuff for the blog. I'm even thinking of doing some video tutorials for a frugal gaming project or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment